Recent News from Scourge of War
Scourge of War: Gettysburg Game Patch #1 Released
Download PDF version
August 25, 2010 - Norb Software Development, Inc. announces that the first official software patch for "Scourge of War - Gettysburg" has been released. The patch brings the game to version 1.10. This patch repairs a number of minor bugs and adds some new features to the game. Among these are:
- A new map called Alpine. This map is four times the size of the previous maps and has some interesting and hilly terrain. An excellent map for multi-corps battles.
- A number of improvements to the multiplayer experience.
- Three changes on the Gettysburg maps to improve historical accuracy.
- The addition of the first tutorial to the demo.
- Improved courier system for sending and receiving orders.
- Expanded modding capabilities.
- Improved artillery accuracy and behavior.
- Significantly improved game sounds.
- Improved performance in the historical scenarios and in Sandbox games.
- Additional improvements to enhance the ability of the AI to beat you like a drum.
- In total, there are over 110 total new features and bug fixes for the game.
The demo version available on the Scourge of War website at: http://www.scourgeofwar.com/downloads.shtml is now at version 1.10.
Current owners of the game may download the official patch from the same page, http://www.scourgeofwar.com/downloads.shtml.